DW was established in 2009, when Dave Whelan bought 52 fitness clubs and attached retail stores from JJB Sports Plc, a company he had built up before selling in 2007. DW is a leading leisure and retail business which currently operates 90 retail stores around the UK stocking a wide range of authentic sports performance brands, as well as 76 leisure clubs providing extensive facilities for members including large gym floor and functional training areas, member cafes, swimming facilities and a wide range of group exercise classes.
In September 2016 DW Sports acquired Fitness First UK, increasing its portfolio further to include an additional 45 Fitness First clubs. ‘DW Fitness First’ is now the second largest operator of gyms in the UK providing expert training and top class facilities around the country.
The combined business consisting of 90 retail stores and over 120 gyms is uniquely placed to provide the serious athlete to those just looking to move a bit more, the products, the environment and the encouragement people need to be all kinds of active.
GET MORE FROM WORK
From improved mental health to sharper decision-making, a fitter workplace can make a big difference to your business.
• Healthy people perform better at work
• Improved fitness builds focus and confidence
• Staying in shape reduces health problems
• Regular exercise improves concentration
Our experience is in keeping members motivated and feeling fit – let us help your employees do the same. With a corporate membership we’ll work with your company to provide the following health and wellness benefits:
• Group team building events
• On site wellness events
• 12 month wellness plans
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS:
FULL COMPANY INVOICE
Pay the whole amount for your employees and benefit from free trials, events and no joining fee.
PART COMPANY INVOICE
Contribute a portion of the membership fee with the remainder paid by the employee via Direct Debit
Benefits for your employees:
• Access innovative classes, fitness programmes and facilitie
• Work out with your colleagues and motivate each other
• Explore new workout ideas and techniques. Train your own way
• Find out how to keep fit even when you’re not in the club
• Work with our experts to get the most from your membership
Benefits for your company:
• Improve team performance
• Grow employee confidence and morale
• Create a happier working environment
• Support a healthier workforce
• Attract new recruits and increase retention